In the Frome Women’s Shed, women meet to make and mend things together, learn new skills, make friends, work on their own projects and on projects that benefit the community. The Shed is open from 9am to 1pm every Monday at the Welsh Mill, Park Hill Drive, Frome, BA11 2LE.
Please park carefully and respect local residents!
For further information please contact Ros on 07500-061624 or by email to Women@fromeshed.org.uk
The Women’s Shed has now been meeting for over a year, with a range of activities taking place. Sometimes these are organised and led, and are advertised in advance on Facebook, on the Frome Women’s Shed pages.
Some of the projects we undertake are traditionally ‘female’ ones, but this is no bar to one or two men who have joined us, and who have been seen using sewing machines! There are always some of us busy in the machine room with woodwork projects , and some of the men’s shedders generously assist us on occasions with those. Most of the time the members’ own projects are carried out, sometimes these are in a group, and sometimes individuals just work side by side - and there is always chatter and laughter in the room.
The most important thing is that people have met each other and made friends, for many there has been relief from stress, and sometimes from isolation, imposed by changing circumstances.
The equipment we have includes sewing machines and some art supplies as well as the workshop tools and benches, and here are some of our activities, many of which are illustrated on our Facebook pages:
- Machine sewing
- Beautiful hardwood bread and cheese boards
- Making quilts for poorly babies
- Fiddle mitts for dementia patients
- A full size wooden rocking horse
- Linocutting and printing
- Macrame wall hangings and pot holders
- Christmas wreaths with natural materials
- Drawing, painting
- Use of hand tools in woodwork
- Use of portable machine tools
- Rag Doll making
- Bird boxes, bat boxes
- Wooden games kits for children to build
- Upcycling furniture
- Chair caning
Other Women’s Sheds
We have come across 17 Women’s Sheds across the UK - We are convinced there are loads more – Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you run a Women’s Shed not listed here.
- Balsam Centre (Wincanton)
- Tunbridge Wells Women’s Shed
- Whitby Women’s Shed
- Horndean Ladies Shed
- Bellshill Woman's Shed
- Rhyl Women’s Shed
- The Colwyn Bay She-Shed
- Hartford Women’s Shed
- Bromley & Greenwich Women’s Shed
- Woman’s Shed in Porth
- The She Shed Association - Barnsley
- Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge Women’s Shed (BOSHed) PLANNED
- Women in Sheds - Loughborough
- Women in Sheds - Leeds
- MissPlaces - Womens Shed - Wigan
- Women in Sheds - Bolton
- Women in Sheds - Cockermouth