"Shed Happens" 5th April 2018 - Frome Men's Shed Frome, Somerset - Frome Men's Shed, Frome
Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Frome Men's Shed

"Shed Happens" 5th April 2018

This radio show from the Frome Men’s Shed is on Frome FM under the banner of The Health and Wellbeing Hour and is called “Shed Happens”

The Radio Show "Shed Happens" is on Frome FM 96.6, and frome.fm on Thursday, 5th April 2018 from 12:00 to 1pm.

See details on Frome FM by clicking here

You can download it as a podcast from the Frome.fm website.

http://frome.fm/programmes/talk/health-wellbeing/shed-happens/

This” Shed Happens” featured conversations with some Frome Shedders, John Young and Tony Hopkins. Also, in the Studio was Graham Cooper, Chair of the Shepton Area Men’s Shed. We heard from three Shepton Shedders:  Ken Manners, Reg Laurence & Tim Watterson. There was news about Men’s Sheds in the area.

We had  some music, and “Making Tracks” from Martin Bacon.

There was a tribute to Stephen Hawking read by Emily Connor from Nunney First School.

Links

Inside Health – BBC (7th March 2018) Prostate Cancer

“Trust me I’m a doctor” - BBC 2 - Does turmeric really help protect us from cancer?

Cancer research - Turmeric

Coates WIllow Charcoal

Coates English Willow

Music Tracks

• "The Shed Song" - Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers
  • “Shipbuilding” - Elvis Costello
  • “Let’s Go”  - Lensko (behind the news)
  • “Heart” - Petshop Boys

Contact Details - Local Men's Sheds

Shepton Area Men’s Shed – Contact: Graham Cooper coopergd@hotmail.co.uk 07966 361796

The Brunel Shed (Corsham) - Contact: Rodney Veazey Email: thebrunelshed@gmail.com .

Weston HospiceCare Men in Sheds -  Contact: Chris, Wayne and Philip. Tel: 01934 423900

Crewkerne & District Men’s Shed - Contact: Peter Boothby-Smith (Acting Chair),  Laura Gowers - deputyclerk@crewkerne-tc.gov.uk

Westbury Community Shed - Contact: Linda Hallowell. Tel: 0791 8681270. Email: westburyshed@gmail.com

Street Men’s Shed - Contact: Brian Bastable Email: brianbastable123@hotmail.co.uk

"Making Tracks" - Martin Bacon - "Shipbuilding" Elvis Costello

04 Shipbuilding Martin Bacon Making Tracks (4-46).mp3

Emily Connor (NUnney First School) reading an explanation of Stephen Hawkings Black Hole Entropy formula

03 Hawking and Emily Connor (2-38).mp3